Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Serves: 24 servings
1 cup all-purpose flour (4 oz)
1 cup quick-cooking oats
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp butter, melted
3 Tbsp orange juice
1⅓ cups dried cranberries (6 oz)
¾ cup light sour cream
½ cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. grated orange rind
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. To prepare crust, combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) into a medium bowl. Stir well with a whisk until combined. Drizzle melted butter and orange juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve ½ cup of oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
3. To prepare filling, combine cranberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust and sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack.
5. Once cool, cut into squares and place in a Ziploc freezer bag for later use.