As the warm summer air turns to crisp fall air, baked oats are a great way to start your day off with a healthy warm breakfast. Set aside time on Sunday to prep your breakfast for the week (no more excuses for skipping breakfast!!).
· 2 cups of organic mixed berries (can buy frozen)
· ¼ cup honey or agave (optional)
· 1 cup uncooked organic quick oats
· ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
· ¾ tsp cinnamon
· pinch of salt
· 1 cup whole milk or almond milk
· 1 egg
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 2 tsp of Flax Seed
· 2 tsp of Chia Seeds
If you using frozen mixed berries- be sure to defrost. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a 8 x 8" or 9 x 9" ceramic baking dish with organic coconut oil. Cook until golden brown and firm.